Marines Assisting Marines

What to do when your Detachment is approached by a Marine (or Veteran) who needs financial help.

Determine if the person is eligible. Ensure the detachment member reviewing the DD-214 signs the form noting the type of discharge.
Download the vetting form (below) and complete it.
Once eligibility is confirmed, the Department needs a copy of the bill.  ie: power bill, water bill, rent etc.
The Department will need the address and account number where the bill is to be paid.
The Department may not pay all of the bill (depending on amount or other circumstances).
The Department does not pay for any future bills at this time.
Ask your Detachment if they can help this Marine (or Veteran). Often, the Department pays part of the bill and the Detachment pays part.